Who we are
The Quaker Family History Society was formed in 1993 and is a member of the Federation of Family History Societies.
We are not a Quaker organisation, but a recognised external body by Britain Yearly Meeting.
Membership is open to anyone interested in the history of British or Irish Quakers.
Our members include:
- Family historians with Quaker ancestors
- Friends with an interest in history, including that of their local meeting
- Those who wish to learn about their British Quaker ancestors
is to encourage and assist anyone interested in tracing the history of Quaker families in the British Isles.
We are based in Britain, so do not claim any expertise on the history of Quakers outside Britain.
- issues a journal, Quaker Connections, three times a year (free to members)
- holds one-day meetings in Spring and Autumn at various locations across the country, and an AGM in central London, in June or July. These events also provide a chance to meet other people with similar interests.